BM&A's Corporate Ethics area draws on our experience and tradition in the practice of business law to provide our clients with compliance services and representation in administrative and civil proceedings in situations that could directly or indirectly compromise their business and image, in light of the increasingly stringent rules that govern the liability of companies and the members of their management for acts that are considered to constitute corruption under Brazilian and international law.
We take a multidisciplinary approach in our work, bringing together our specialists in regulatory matters, competition and litigation to ensure the best results. Our international experience includes conducting internal investigations and structuring and implementing compliance programs in countries within Latin America.
Our services include:
- Structuring anti-money laundering and anti-corruption compliance programs that meet standards under Brazilian and international law, such as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act – FCPA and the UK Bribery Act;
- Advising companies directly or indirectly involved in administrative and civil investigations and proceedings;
- Crisis management related to such proceedings;
- Conducting internal investigations; and
- Advice and representation in leniency agreements.
BM&A's Corporate Ethics area is composed of lawyers whose work in conducting multi-jurisdictional cases is recognized in both Brazil and internationally. As members of FraudNet, a network of lawyers specialized in fraud-related matters and asset recovery created by the International Chamber of Commerce – ICC, we are present in more than 50 jurisdictions around the world.