Telephone: 55 61 3218-0303
Fax: 55 61 3218-0315
He heads the firm’s Corporate Ethics practice and is also a partner in the litigation practice with a focus in multijurisdictional cases.
Prior to joining Barbosa, Müssnich & Aragão, Mr. Madruga was career federal attorney for more than ten years, having held several positions at the Brazilian Government, such as National Secretary of Justice, Director of the Department of Assets Recovery and International Legal Cooperation, Deputy Solicitor General, member of the Board of the Brazilian Financial Intelligence Unit (COAF) and Head of International Affairs at the Office of the Solicitor General (AGU). He was also the Coordinator of the Brazilian National Strategy against Corruption and Money Laundering – ENCCLA and a member of the commission in charge of revising the Brazilian Money Laundering Statute.
His international experience includes being chairman of a group of government experts on international legal cooperation, convened during the third session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime (UNTOC) and vice-chairman of the second session of the Conference of the Parties to the UNTOC. He was also the head and main negotiator of the Brazilian delegations to the negotiations of the mutual legal assistance treaties in criminal matters between Brazil and Germany, Spain and China, and a member of the Brazilian delegations to the MLAT treaties between Brazil and Switzerland, United Kingdom and Bahamas.
Member of FraudNet, the international network of lawyers that specializes in the field of fraud and white collar crime, operating under the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and its anticrime arm – the ICC Commercial crines Services.
Professor of law (Conflict of Laws and Jurisdictions) at the Rio Branco Institute, The Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Relations.
Member of the Brazilian Bar Association, Distrito Federal, Rio Grande do Norte, Minas Gerais, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro sections.
He is a partner at Barbosa, Mussnich & Aragão Advogados since September 2007.
- Quem deve provar a imunidade de execução soberana?
- Honorários nas homologações de sentenças estrangeiras
- Homologação de sentenças e promessa de reciprocidade
- Não é fácil distinguir jurisdição e competência
- Como entender a Cooperação Jurídica Internacional
- + See more Articles
- BM&A Review 33 | April 2011 - June 2011
- BM&A Review 37 | April 2012 - June 2012
- BM&A Review 24 | November December 2007
- + See more BM&A Review
- Bancas criam áreas para recuperar dinheiro de fraude
- Entrevista: Antenor Pereira Madruga Filho, Advogado
- CVM e Ministério Público Federal formalizam acordo
- Crescem no Coaf casos de indícios de lavagem
- Na Internet é preciso agir antes que provas desapareçam
- + See more Clipping
- Latin Lawyer 250 - 2012
- Which Lawyer 2012
- Who's Who Legal 2011
- Latin Lawyer 250 - 2010
- Who's Who Legal 2010
- + See more Recognition